18 Apr 2019
Full-Time Math Interventionist
STEM Preparatory Academy is a growing network of open enrollment public schools, operating STEM Prep Middle (5-8), STEM Prep High (9-12), and the Nashville Newcomer Academy, serving a total of almost 1,000 students in the region. STEM Prep is dedicated to delivering a rigorous, inquiry-based education with a strategic focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. By cultivating a community of learning and academic excellence, STEM Prep will bolster the number of underrepresented students who graduate from the most competitive postsecondary programs and universities in the country and lead the discoveries and innovations of the future. Since opening its doors in July 2011, STEM Prep Academy has been honored with numerous awards for outstanding student and teacher performance, including: Nashville Public Education Foundation’s Inspiring Innovator Award, 2015 Community Advocate of the Year, 2014 Middle School Teacher of the Year, 2013 Innovative School of the Year, and 2012 Tech Educator of the Year.
Who We Serve:
STEM Prep serves a unique, highly diverse population in South Nashville, achieving among the greatest academic results in the nation through use of a novel academic model, and is doing so with unmatched efficiency. Together, we can advance this impact. STEM Prep serves the largest percentage of Hispanic and Latino students in the state and nearly half of the highest-poverty neighborhoods in Nashville. Roughly 80% of STEM Prep students have been classified as English Learners during their academic career.
Faculty at STEM Preparatory Academy will be responsible for planning, enacting, and evaluating highly effective and ambitious instruction tailored to students’ needs. The successful applicants will be responsible for the delivery of a college preparatory curriculum aligned to the Common Core and State of Tennessee standards. Moreover, all teachers are responsible for cultivating and sustaining the STEM Prep culture of excellence and achievement through modeling learning and leadership behaviors for students, teachers, parents, and all members of the community. Teachers report to the Academic Deans and School Director.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, deliver, and assess highly effective instruction aligned to national and state content standards, and internal STEM Prep goals and benchmarks.
- Enact the STEM Prep college preparatory curriculum using evidence-based instructional practices tailored to students’ needs.
- Engage in continuous and sustained reflection on teaching practices and leadership behaviors, and adapt methods as needed to achieve school goals and performance objectives.
- Develop strong and sustained relationships with parents and members of the community by creating opportunities for involvement in students’ learning and development.
- Plan and collaborate with STEM Prep teachers and colleagues to reach shared goals and objectives.
- Foster a motivating, supportive, learning-centered culture of excellence in a well-structured and managed classroom.
- Be innovative. Create exciting and engaging, inquiry-oriented learning activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- A commitment to STEM Preparatory Academy and its values; an understanding of STEM Preparatory Academy’s mission and unwavering commitment to fulfill it.
- A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible roles.
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- An unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and high expectations of all students.
- A capacity to motivate and lead in order to yield the highest academic performance possible from all students.
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to facilitate student growth and academic achievement.
- Openness to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate growth and achievement of both students and faculty.
- Experience in working with middle grades students in urban environments.
- Evidence of advancing student achievement on state assessments required if candidate has prior teaching experience. If candidate does not have prior teaching experience, evidence of achieving ambitious goals required.
- Experience in working with English Language Learners preferred.
- State teaching certification/license and achievement of Highly Qualified status required. Dual certifications and endorsements preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
STEM Prep is among the highest performing public middle schools in Tennessee. Since our inception, students have outperformed their peers in both the district and state in every subject area, and STEM has been recognized as a Reward School by the state of Tennessee for performing in the top 5% of schools in the state for progress and growth. STEM Prep has been rated an Excelling School by Metro Nashville Public Schools. STEM Prep’s Impact: The First Five Years can be viewed here.
STEM Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. STEM Prep does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/stemprepacademy/a29c7703-d5db-44ff-a771-b1e5a759349b/apply
241 total views, 2 today